If you are passionate about twisted hairstyles, then we got exactly what you are looking for; PASSION TWISTS!
The two-strand twist that has been breaking necks in the hair community is the passion twist. This technique is very new and has gained so much popularity that it went internet youtube viral!
PASSION TWIST ARE PRE LOOPED AND PRE TWISTED SO THEY CAN BE INSTALLED UPON DELIVERY!
WHAT ARE THEY?
Passion Twist is sometimes labeled and purchased as faux locs but is better categorized as twists. They are made with a reflective and silky fiber that gives the appearance of very moisturized and well-nourished human hair. They can be crocheted into cornrows and box braids or created from scratch and twisted from kinky and wavy hair strands directly to naturally growing hair on your head.
This shiny coiled hair fiber will utilize the technique of two-strand twists to create wonderful full-bodied locs! The method is a mixture of other faux loc stylings with the use of only the best attributes.
PASSION TWIST ARE A BLEND OF OTHER FAUX LOCS THAT CAN BE MANY SIZES. SOME OF OUR FAVORITES ARE OMBRE AND BURGUNDY
GODDESS LOCS AND SENEGALESE TWISTS
The trendy goddess crochet faux locs use twisted strands wrapped around a long hair tress with an open-ended curl to create a unique and heavenly creation.
The Senegalese wrap and twist stylings use rope-like strands of yarn or synthetic fibers to create an excellent loc with unique textures with a professional aesthetic.
When you combine the two elegant faux locs together, you get a passion twist.
PASSION TWIST ARE BECOMING A FAMILY NAME IN THE HAIR TWIST COMMUNITY
HOW TO DO PASSION TWIST
Passion twist is so easy to create that you can pretty much master the technique in your first styling and even begin to wrap the hair like Dr. Kari Williams by your second attempt. That’s an inside joke for all my faux loc and goddess loc fans, and if you have never seen her wrap the infamous goddess locs on live tv, you are missing out.
Before you begin, you will need to determine which passion twist hair you’re going to use and what installation technique you will be choosing before you prep.
This is because there is more than one way to create these shiny and smooth dreadlocks.
3 MAIN METHODS
- Crochet Individual Cornrow Loop
- Original BOHO Babe Twist
- Box Braid Passion Twist
DIY STEP-BY-STEP TWIST
The best part about passion twist is you can do them all by yourself without a specialist or hairstylist. It is always recommended that you seek professional help before beginning unless you have experience twisting or braiding hair, but that should only be for guidance and essential health and safety training.
KNOWING THE RIGHT STEPS CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE WHEN PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR FAUX LOCS HAIR
Deciding which faux loc twist technique you can achieve depends on how much hair and how much time you have. Getting those hairs right and tight will take some practice but first is to look over these different installation techniques to help you choose which passion twist is best for you. This will also help you determine what hair type you should buy and how much hair you will need to purchase.
NOTHING APPEARS MORE NATURAL THEN PROPERLY STYLED PASSION TWIST
HOW TO DO PASSION TWIST CROCHET TIGHT
This crochet method is the fastest and easiest way of achieving those beautiful coils. You may be asking your self ” how do I do passion twist crochet braiding hair?” First, you will need to know the kind of hair is required for these passion twist. This would be pre-looped because they will need to attach to your latch hook tool and successfully knot with the other hair to connect to the cornrows.
Most of the work is done for you when you go with this technique. The hair comes pre-twisted and pre-looped. This will cut your finish time in half or even thirds!
The options of the hair fiber for crochet individuals vary from brand and manufacturers. They can still come in healthy natural, and Remy human hair or the strands can be from synthetic fibers.
PASSION TWIST HAVE VERY SUBTLE DETAILS THAT REALLY SHOW OFF THE STYLES ENERGY AND AESTETIC
- Many other faux loc methods go smoother without any hiccups when all the preparations are done beforehand.
- Clean your workstation, wash your utensils and tools, locate all your crochet needles and latch hooks, grab your edge control loc gel, and make sure to have some rubber bands on hand for those wild sections that start to unravel.
- As much as your tools and workspace need to be prepped, your hair needs to be completely ready for installation, and for the next few weeks, that’s going to have to endure this styling.
- Make sure to wash your natural hair and scalp to thoroughly remove any product and build-up trapped deep in the hair roots. If you add twists to your dreads, go ahead and use a dreadlock shampoo to safely and diligently cleanse your scalp.
- When the hair is clean and free of debris, tightly twist all your hair into cornrows that run down the back of your head. The spacing for these cornrows should be about a knuckle apart or less than 1″. The more uniform the cornrows run, the more consistent the passion twist will look after installing them because they follow these rows while being looped in.
- Everyone has different hair lengths and if you chose this method but you have long hair, you will have to sow up the tail ends that will dangle from the back of your head onto your neck. A simple tuck job and treading will hide these hairs and help you achieve a cleaner and more professional look.
- After your cornrows are tightly and neatly cleaned and wrapped, you will want to add a conditioner or moisturizer to help those cornrows move more freely as they are tightly locked down to your scalp.
- For loose hairs and baby hairs that wouldn’t hold in the cornrows, use a loc gel to hold them down and a small toothbrush to style those edges in the front in nice flowing waves like Kim Kardashian!
- Begin at the back by inserting your crochet needle or latch hook through the cornrows. Make sure to enter at a point in the middle or near the hair’s root. Try not to go diagonal as this will cause tension when the locs are tightened down.
- Attach the faux loc twists to the crochet latch hook with the pre-looped section. Pull the hair back through the entry point and loop the end through the eye hole of the faux loc and pull tight.
- Repeat the process thoroughly throughout your head, keeping a natural and uniformed spacing.
- Finish the lovely styling with a dab of mousse to help your hair shine with some added volume!
ATTACHING YOUR FAUX LOCS NICE AND TIGHT CAN HELP THEM APPEAR MORE NATURAL AND SIT MORE REALISTICLY
HOW TO DO PASSION TWIST HAIRSTYLE WITH FREETRESS HAIR
To create your passion locs on your own, we will show you a technique inspired by The Boho babe herself. It is highly recommended that you use a freetress water wave hair to achieve this styling. Although we believe you can pull off this look with an array of different hair extensions.
PASSION TWIST LOOK GREAT ON EVERYBODY SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND LEARN HOW TO INSTALL THEM TODAY
- The same preparation of cleaning we mentioned in the last installation is used in this technique. Be thorough and clean your scalp correctly.
- To prep, the hair extensions you are about to use in your hair, begin separating the top and bottom strands of hair without disturbing the middle section in every bundle you purchased. This will create fluffy and frizzy distressed hair strands that are very curly and wavy with added thickness.
- Preparing your natural hair requires you to evenly section your hair into uniform sections not bigger than 1 square inch.
- Separate and section all of your natural hair before starting the twisting process. You can use the same size sections as your would for regular-sized box braids or dreads if you have trouble sizing each bundle.
- First, split a section of hair into two equal parts right down the center. Then fold your freetress hair extension in half, creating a double-ended selection, and insert the folded end into the parted section of your hair.
- Begin twirling your natural hair with each freetress stand to unify the strands together.
- Once the hair is unified in long coils, begin to twist the hairs around each other like braids. The folding of strands around each other creates a twist that holds very tightly. Make sure to keep the hair tightly coiled up, as this is a critical element of the passion twist creation.
- To seal the twist, you can use your favorite knotless braid techniques or hair glue. The flame technique is always a great way to deal with hair but is not recommended for this styling because of how the sealed tips look after being burned.
- Once you have completed one section, move on to the next and repeat until you are fully complete. For added help, we have provided the original boho babe installation video.
HOW TO VIDEO TUTORIAL
ADDING PASSION TWIST INTO BOX BRAIDS
This technique is a mixture of box braids and the crochet method. It is pretty easy to achieve if you have done either one of the strategies before.
IT DOESNT MATTER IF ITS CORNROWS OR BOX BRAIDS, CROCHET INDIVIDUALS WORK ON ALL TYPES OF HAIR
- To begin, as always, go ahead and wash that dirty scalp and clean up those hair strands for an excellent fresh base.
- Go ahead and complete a full head of box braids and loc down those loose edges.
- This method uses the same style of crochet twist individuals that are used in the earlier technique.
- Insert your latch hook through the root or near the bottom of your box braid.
- Go ahead and loop the hair extension around the latch hook like you would typically do and pull it back through the entry point.
- Thread the tip through the eye hole of the faux loc and tighten normally
- This is where things begin to change up. If you get stuck on this part, please feel free to watch the youtube video below.
- Unravel your faux loc crochet twist individual hair near the eye hole and where it is attached to the box braid section
- Once the loc is slightly unraveled, insert the latch hook tool through the center of the faux loc from the top near the bottom and out close to the loop.
- Attach the tip of your box braid onto the latch hook tool and pull back through the center and up the loc.
- You might have to do this repeatedly up the loc, depending on the length of your box braids. This is an excellent way of hiding your plaits and pulling off a more natural look.
VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR DOING BOX BRAIDS:
THE 2018 START OF A MASTERPIECE
Many brands and hair ornamentations have been created and designed recently that claim the name “Passion Twist.” As we dig into this styling history, we see that one character seems to be mentioned almost every time.
A SNAPSHOT OF THE BOHO BABES INSTAGRAM FROM FEBRUARY 2021
THE BOHO BABE
The self-proclaimed “Boho Babe” has gained a lot of popularity and credit for creating the beautiful passion twist hairstyling. The boho babe is a popular Instagram and youtube influencer as well as a famous hairstylist. She was known for doing goddess loc and bohemian stylings on many of her clients in Miami, Florida.
THE FRIST DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF PASSION TWIST STYLING OF HAIR AND USE OF FREETRESS WATER WAVE
In January of 2018, Kailyn, The boho babe, added a picture to her Instagram account of one of her model/clients wearing the first known twist creation. This is said to be the first documented record of the passion twist styling.
THE FAMOUS TUTORIAL VIDEO THAT SHOWS YOU JUST HOW EASY IT IS TO INSTALL THESE PASSION TWIST
Later that year, she posted a tutorial video to her online channel on youtube titled “PASSION TWIST FULL TUTORIAL! 2018 BY THE CREATOR OF PASSION TWIST.” This tutorial has since gone viral, gaining over 1 million youtube streams and popularising a new twisting technique in the hair community.
ANOTHER ONE OF THE BOHO BABES YOUTUBE VIDEOS
She has since posted other passion twist videos and one titled “HOW TO DO PASSION TWISTS OVER KINKY 4b/4c hair,” which has gained over 100k video streams. She also actively posts many other client photos to her now verified Instagram account.
If they can do it, so can you!
HOW TO VIDEO TUTORIAL
WHAT HAIR TO USE FOR PASSION TWIST
The hair makes all of the styles. Ask anyone about this, and they will agree. As much as a good base is essential when building a house, the walls you put on that foundation can be just as important.
Faux locs come in a wide variety of styles, colors, textures. Lengths, sizes, densities, and fiber types.
Achieving the best passion twist for you will take a unique and custom combination of all of these to create the most beautiful appearance possible.
HAIR THAT HAS A LOOP OR AN EYE HOLE ARE GREAT FOR ATTACHING FAUX LOCS TO CORNROWS OR BOX BRAIDS
THE KIND OF HAIR YOU USE DETERMINES YOUR TWIST
If you are trying to pull off a crochet installation of passion twist, then you will have the most comprehensive array of options to choose from. Because this styling is added with a pre loop and crochet method, it doesn’t matter what hair you use. All twist styles that are pre-looped can be added the same and will hold just about the same time. These locs are made before they are shipped and don’t require you to roll or seal them. Because of this, you technically can add any style this way and never have to worry, honestly.
Faux locs that use the pre-loop method are great, but you can customize them as much as you want after you order them. Another technique of getting a passion twist is to add braiding hair.
HOW TO GET PASSION TWIST WITH BRAIDING HAIR EXTENSIONS
If you are looking to pull off an original twist creation, we recommend using a dryer but reflective hair. Hairs like Marley, Toyotress, Kanekalon, Freetress water wave and Crochet Faux Loc are great for creating these twists.
The hair is kinkier, and when pulled tight, it holds and grips with outer strands very well. This is good because the twist design is imperative that the hair can have the spiral pattern firmly enough to keep the right structural look and support.
Hair color is not going to be a significant factor in how your passion twist is created, but rather, it will determine the aesthetic appearance.
HUMAN HAIR TEXTURES
Straight hair can make all the difference. The best hairs to use for passion twists will be fiber strands that mostly resemble human hair textures.
Typically hair that is silky and wavy with a natural springiness work outstanding in place of regular twists. Many people use hair and locs labeled for passion twist. These all work excellent when in twisted hairstyles.
The boho babe says the best hair is freetress water wave or bohemian but also goes on to say that “It’s alright to use a blend of different locs from famous faux stylings to achieve this look.” To speed line the installing process, look for pre-looped braiding hair extensions.
6 ESSENTIAL COLORS TO USE WITH PASSION TWISTS
Passion twist gets its distinct look from the twist style and hair textures used. To give the protective styling a unique and stylish look, try using these different hair colors for a new x-pression.
- HONEY BROWN
- PLATINUM BLONDE
- BRAZILIAN BURGUNDY OR DARK RED
- PINK AND PURPLE PINK
HOW TO MAKE PASSION TWIST LAST LONG
If you want those beautiful colors and incredible twists to look fabulous, you will have to have a hair care routine. Properly managing those twists will make all the difference on those late Friday night dates. Don’t go out looking a mess. Use low maintenance tips and tricks to keep those twists having all the passion!
First, don’t ruin their locs every night on a rough pillow. Switch up that sanding stone for a superior silk alternative. Smoothness is everything when it comes to hair. Don’t snag those fibers on uneven surfaces that might cause small abrasions.
Second, don’t let your regular routines affect your hair. Think smart. If your car is small, and you ride with the windows open, it might be an excellent idea to crank those glass viewers up and switch up to a spacier ride that will accommodate your volume’s hairstyles.
Don’t let your shower eat away at your hair. Every night you rinse off, but don’t let high-powered water do more than ruffle your feathers. Put that hair in a satin shower cap to hold those twists together as you soak them up.
HYDRATING THOSE TWISTS
As the late and great Shania Twain said best – “Oh, now you think you’re cool but have you got the touch?”
Now you got those passion twists, but how long will they last? Moisture plays a large role in the life of your locs. If you are looking to keep those locs healthy and their lifespan extended, you will need to be very observant of your scalp and hair needs. Many customers neglect their scalp and hair because they only look at their remarkable locs.
If you notice dry scalp, build-up, breakage, and hair loss, we believe it is essential to seek a medical professional. Typically passion twists are considered a protective styling that engulfs your natural hair allowing for natural growth and regular maintenance.
KEEPING UP WITH THOSE LOCS CAN BE AS IMPORTANT AS THE DAY YOU FIRST PUT THEM IN
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR A FULL SET OF PASSION TWIST?
$150-$220 based on the top 3 brands selling passion twists.
Passion twist can vary in price. It is more cost-effective to buy a pre-made crochet passion twist when you factor in all the time it will take to twist freetress hair and create the style themselves.
WHAT TYPE OF HAIR TEXTURE SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN PASSION TWISTS?
Seek to find a silkier and smoother texture for your twists. Passion twists are a style mixture of goddess locs and Senegalese styles, so a hair texture that incorporates both of these beautiful masterpieces into one works best!
HOW MANY PACKS OF PASSION CROCHET BRAIDS WILL I NEED
6-10 packs for a full head of Passion braids.
Density and your head’s size play a big part in how many packs of twists will be required.
HOW LONG DOES CROCHET PASSION TWIST HAIR LAST?
Up to 3 months.
When you properly maintain your scalp health and condition your hair, the stylings only need to be retwisted, and it will look brand new.
Many hairstylists recommend hair care every three-five weeks for retwisting to reduce frizz. Passion twist and other crochet methods are protective styles and don’t hurt the hair follicle.
WHAT LENGTH SHOULD I BUY MY PASSION TWIST?
We recommend getting passion twists that are from 18 inches to 24 inches in length. We don’t recommend chopping the locs to shorter lengths, because of the design and sealing method, so please purchase your sizes accordingly.
DO YOU USE THE SAME HAIR FOR A SPRING TWIST AS YOU WOULD FOR A PASSION TWIST?
Unlike spring twists, Passion twists require hair similar to Freetress Water Wave braiding hair. The hair itself is much silkier, with a kinky twist typically only used for crochet twist styles. This gives hair braided with water wave strands a much more high-quality feel. Spring twist uses Marley hair because of the rugged bounce and springiness the hair fibers create when crafted into coils and twists. The dry aggressive hair also helps the spring twist to lock your hair extensions to your hair.
Passion twist is another tremendous faux loc styling. The freedom to express yourself with twisted hair is endless. This fantastic creation and technique will help you achieve the most excellent and iconic look! You are going to want this added to your Christmas wish list. Leave us a comment with your favorite Passion faux locs twist color creations!