The most eye-catching hairstyles come in the most petite sizes. Small box braids are no exception. Recently worn by famous rapper and artist Lil Yatchy, The shorter lengths and thinner braided plaits create new versatile and stylish looks. Grab your stylist as we are about to convince you of a smaller box braid hairstyle!
WHAT ARE SMALL BOX BRAIDS?
A smaller box braid hair size is going to refer to the initial width of each strand. Small box braids are typically the width of Sharpie or a single marker. A lot of smaller box braids tapper their ends into smaller blunt ends. This helps keep the thinner braided plaits nicely firm and tightly sealed.
BENEFITS OF SMALL BOX BRAIDS
Choosing a smaller length will have many benefits. We have comprised one of the best lists of benefits that smaller box braid hair sizes can give you besides looking amazing.
- Small box braids styles are a low-maintenance way of rocking the most natural hairstyles all year long.
- Small box braids are predominantly lighter than medium and long box braid hair sizes.
- Box braids will smaller sizes are easier to clean as it’s easier to agitate the hair strands thoroughly.
- Small box braids typically last longer than larger sizes that become more susceptible to frizz.
- Smaller box braids will dry much faster than regular box braids but still
- These box braids in a smaller braid size are a lot quicker to create or install, regardless of whether they are hand braided or crochet braided compared to medium box braids.
- Going with a small box braid hair size can size you a little bit of money as the tiny braids use fewer synthetic fibers or hair strands.
BUYING SMALLER BOX BRAID HAIR SIZES
Finding a small box braid size seems complicated as shorter styles seem to be in non-circulation. These are lengths that range from 4inches to 14 inches. These lengths do not reach past the shoulder and are typically small box braid width.
5 BEST SMALL BOX BRAIDS HAIRSTYLES
- TAPER FADE – This styling of small box braids is isolated at the top of the head as the sides are nicely faded with a sharp half-up, high and tight look.
- COLORFUL SHORT BOX BRAIDS – Not all box braid hairstyles have to be lengthy. Grab your favorite box braid hair colors and braid them up into a beautiful trendy look. Go with ombre or blonde box braids as this is the big box braids hairstyle this 2021 summer.
- TRIANGLE BRAIDS – This twist on the regular box braids helps you evenly section any head shape. Triangle parts are great for locking in baby hairs, loose edges, and black hair.
- CURLY HAIR BOX BRAIDED BUN – When you need a gorgeous and professional look, look no further than a braided bun. The locs are tightly kept together in a nice bun that sits firmly on top of one’s head. Release that bun in a high ponytail to add just a little touch of femininity to your look.
- SHORT BOX BRAIDS – Hair braids look great in small sizes. Shrink the length of those braids with short hair to create a quick box braid look that is slightly larger and more aesthetically appealing than micro braids.
CREATING YOUR OWN SMALL BOX BRAID HAIRSTYLE
Box braids can be created in hundreds of wonderful hairstyle creations. Finding the right look for you is going to require the help of a trained professional who understands the complexity of braided hairstyle.s Small box braids can be created with natural hair, synthetic hair, or with the addition of crochet braids. Choosing the right option for you is going to determine how much natural hair you have, how the amount of time you have to complete the look.
NATURAL SMALL BOX BRAIDS
Creating a natural small box braid can be simple and easy to do. Check out our box braid article for tutorials on creating simple box braid designs with your human hair for help making this look.
KNOTLESS BOX BRAIDS
If you have at least 3 inches of natural hair, you can create a small knotless box braid hair design. This looks to start with the separation of your natural hair into evenly spaced boxed sections. A small box braid design is created with evenly spaced box sections. Braiding hair extensions are gradually added to help lengthen the small box braid plaits. This is done evenly throughout the entire head to complete this excellent small box braid updo.
Small box braids can be easily installed with the use of pre-braided and pre-looped crochet braids. These box braids are sold pre-made in different lengths, sizes, colors, textures, and hair materials. They are easily installed into a cornrow or box braid base. To learn more about this style, check out our crochet braid article.
VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR CREATING SMALL BOX BRAIDS
Need some tips and tricks to create your very own small box braids hairstyle creations? Check out Supa Natural’s youtube video tutorial for all the best master techniques.
HOW LONG DO SMALL BOX BRAIDS TAKE?
THREE TO SIX HOURS
A quality smaller box braid installation is going to take anywhere from three to six hours. The smaller box braid sizes are easier to create but still require a substantial amount of individual attention for a professional braider to create a masterpiece.
ARE THE SMALL BOX BRAIDS HEAVY?
Small box braids are going to weigh less than medium box braids. Compared to jumbo box braids, there is a noticeable weight difference.
ARE THE SMALL BOX BRAIDS BAD FOR YOUR HAIR?
Box braids are considered a protective hairstyle. Small box braids are going to protect your hair from elements, guard for hair tips from over manipulation, and allow normal and natural hair growth. This is why many celebrities like Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Solange, Zoe Kravitz, and Rihanna.
HOW MANY BAGS OF HAIR DO I NEED FOR SMALL BOX BRAIDS?
Smaller box braid sizes will require the least amount of hair to pull off a traditional look. Some styles have been completed with only 4-6 packs of small box braid hair. For those with larger skull sizes, grab yourself at least two extra bags bringing your total to 8 packs of braiding hair just in case.
CAN MEN WEAR SMALL BOX BRAIDS?
Box braids are not gender-specific. Anyone can wear these lovely box braid lengths. If you are looking for some awesome box braids for men make sure to check out another one of our great articles.
ARE SMALL BOX BRAIDS UNRULY
Small box braids will give you ease of mind as the styling stays very resilient to damage and destruction. The smaller braided styles look so realistic on any skin tone.
Going with a smaller box braid hairstyle size will be the big trend separator this year for the braided hair community. Those who can find the smaller sizes and properly wear them will get all the red carpet attention. Grab your small box braids while they are still available, and don’t forget to subscribe below with your email to receive all the newest box braid information.