Crochet faux locs are becoming is a very popular choice of hairstyle among everyone these days. Of course, achieving a picture-perfect look requires an immense amount of time and patience sitting in the salon chair and getting them done by a stylist or professional.
What if we told you that you can save all that money and time and do them at home in a few easy steps. Yes, you heard us right. Don’t stop and read on.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- For a good hairstyle to last longer it is very important to moisturize your scalp. Apply a good moisturizer, or a good oil before starting the procedure. A good moisturizing product helps to smoothen out your hair so that you can do your styling easily. Make sure to detangle your hair before getting started.
- Divide your hair into various small sections depending upon what kind of thickness you want in your crochet faux locs. Start braiding each section of your hair and braid all the way to the end.
- Now take a faux locs strand from the faux locs that you must have purchased from the market in your choice of style and separate it from the rest.
- Now using a sharp crochet needle/rattail comb or a crochet hook make a hole at the very end of your faux locs strand (the end which you will latch-up at the base of your braid near the scalp).
- Now using a crochet hook or needle attach the loop that you did earlier in your strand to the base of your braid near your scalp.
- Now take the remaining strand, untangle it and start wrapping it closely (tightly or according to you) around your braid all the way till the end of your braid.
- For a more defined look, seal the ends with a lighter (burn the ends) carefully without burning your natural hair.
- And Voila! your crochet faux locs are ready to rock.
BASIC FAUX LOC INSTALLATION
This was a basic and the easiest way of doing crochet faux locs at home.
You just need a lot of patience, girl and you can do it at whatever length you want. There are also a lot of loc color options available these days like red, blonde, pink, blue, purple, grey, green, magenta, and whatnot.
You can go for a whole monochrome look or you can just play with colors and give yourself a colorful mane that will be just right for the summer and those gram-worthy pictures. You should be willing to take some hairstyle risks in your life. And there are a lot of ways in which you can style your crochet faux locs at home too. You can curl them from the start to end or you can just curl away those ends for a goddess locs feel as well.
DECORATING THOSE LOCS
Now if you want you can add some bling to your crochet faux locs by decorating them with lots of accessories or some statement pieces. There are a lot of options to choose from. Here are some of our personal favorites:
- loc beads (btw, click here for the best loc beads)
- hair cuffs
You can even simply decorate them by wrapping a gold wire around them. Seashell hair jewelry is also among the trends now.
There is a lot of cute shell jewelry available in the market. You can choose from that too. And of curse hair cuffs are the classiest of them all. Gold, silver, bronze, etc there are a lot of color options to choose from. Majorly women opt for cuffs while decorating their faux locs. You can choose them too.
For more details on accessories and how to accessorize your faux locs you can check out our other blogs too dedicated specifically to these topics.
We hope this article would have been really helpful to you and surely would have taught you how to do crochet faux locs at home. You just need some patience and you’ll look nothing less than Rihanna in these gorgeous faux locs that you have done by yourself at home.